Valerie R. Lawson gave me a blog award! My very first – the Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you, Valerie, I will love it and squeeze it forever! Here’s a Tenth Doctor gift in return:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
- List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting.
- I am a Renaissance Festival fanatic. I go to the one in KC every year at least once, and in college, I blew precious dough on a full-out costume. It appeals to so many things about me – my history love, my theater background, and the total joy that comes with getting to pretend you’re in another world.
- I’m a cleaning extraordinaire. Some Pine Sol and a buck of soapy water, and I am a happy person.
- If I could start my career over knowing what I know now, I probably would have done web development and design. I love learning aspects about it, and I try to pick up things where I can. Responsive web design is my new favorite thing. It’s fabulous.
- I get very wrapped up in video games quite easily, whether I’m watching The Man play or playing myself. I stopped Dragon Age about halfway through after I made a decision that pissed off Alaric so much that he yelled at me and I lost 20 affection points. It actually upset me, and I didn’t go back for a very long time.
- When I was around 11 years old, I was sure I was turning into a vampire. My canine teeth are a bit longer than my others, and I’m a very pale person with light-colored eyes, so I’m extremely light-sensitive. Add to that the fact that I was a night owl, and my imagination just couldn’t stop itself.
- I have an autographed photo of James Marsters from Buffy that I got when I was 15, and he came to the KC Comic Con. There was a photo, too, but it didn’t turn out. Still, it was a highlight of my teenage years, and I was so proud of myself for actually being able to string together a sentence and not just throw up from excitement.
- I went to small high schools, so the only thing I didn’t participate in was sports. I was involved in pretty much everything else, including journalism, the elite choir (yes, I can sing), theater, forensics, and lots of academic-y clubs. I was one of THOSE kids in school.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
Check! Thanks again, Valerie!
Some of you guys have already been nominated, so I by no means expect everyone to do the whole song and dance all over again, but I did want to call out some people whose blogs I enjoy reading on a regular basis:
The Barenaked Critic