There are still a few days left in March, but now’s as good as time as any to take a look at my goals and see how I did.
Conclusion: Not terrible, but I didn’t quite succeed.
- Clean up and polish WIP: Honestly, it still could use a little spit-and-shine. There are some items on my list that haven’t gotten taken care of, and life kind of derailed me after Pitch Madness. First there was the wedding, then a sort of emotional letdown after the craziness of the contest, and then The Man and I have had some family stuff. I’m trying to get back on track with it. I’m hoping April is a little more even-keeled than this month has been.
- Comment on at least three fellow writers’ blogs once a week: Total fail midway through the month, but I made up for it last week with double the comments! I’m getting better at going, “I have a thought about that – OMG, I should click the link to POST THAT THOUGHT.”
- Start thinking about New Project: This is where the utter fail comes in. I guess I managed to narrow down which one I think it will be, but other than that, I haven’t managed anything on this front.
So…not quite the epic productivity I was hoping for. Still and all, there’s been some forward progress, and that’s something. Anyone who has done quite a bit better than I have and is interested in the #WriteMotivation rewards, I’m offering up:
- A crit of five chapters – any five chapters
- Query crit/help (I quite like queries, writing them and reading them. I’m a strange creature.)
Adorable, yes? I thought so.