A new week of May and another check on my May goals. I’m currently left to my own devices as The Man is up in Chicago on a business trip for the next four days. I might be a little flouncy about it. Just a little. But I will have company – in about an hour, my sister will be bringing her dog by. She and her husband are going overseas for 10 days so I get to dog-sit and practice at being a pet owner. 🙂
Goal check time!
- Finish polish on PD and start querying. Still in progress. Collected a few rejections and a few requests and waiting on a few more (preferably of the latter). The big news in this area is that PD is getting a major trim. My awesome Writers Voice coach Brenda Drake gave me some great notes on my first 250 words on the contest, and I quickly realized that they could be carried throughout the manuscript. Primarily, this means that I’m cutting down on my self-indulgence and slaughtering my darlings. I’ve already tackled the first 35 pages and sent them to my CPs to make sure I wasn’t editing the “me” right out of the manuscript, and they loved the cleaner, tighter flow of you. So onward I go. 🙂
- Begin outline of new WIP. Well…still no actual progress on this. I’m trying to trim PD and get everything else under control. I started a post for people wanting to get ready for #TheWritersVoice Twitter pitch contest on May 24th, and I want to get in there and offer my own critiques to try and help out. It was kind of a whim, but it’s turned out to be rather successful, which is exciting.
- Post at least four updates on The Man’s and my personal blog. Got another one planned for this week about our dog-sitting and Chicago adventures.
- Enter The Writers Voice contest and don’t die. Posts go up on Thursday. Agent bids get posted on Monday. I am excessively nervous. Almost as much as I was for Pitch Madness. It’s only going to get worse the closer it gets to Monday. *headdesk*
- Launch copy editing services page.
- Finish crits. Done! Yay!