This is going to have to be a quick one. Goal check!
- Finish polish on PD and start querying. Done. Last trims were completed today over my lunch hour. I ended up shaving off over 5,000 words of extraneous stuff and darlings to make it a leaner, meaner 86K.
- Begin outline of new WIP. No dice. I’m loading my new Kindle with steampunk, space operas and cyberpunk to gear up for it, though. Who’s got recommendations?
- Post at least four updates on The Man’s and my personal blog. I got in three. Not bad but not 100%.
- Enter The Writers Voice contest and don’t die. Done.
- Launch copy editing services page. Still real-life stuff going on that is putting this on hold. Hopefully, I will know soon so I can decide whether I want to move forward with this as a public offering.
- Finish crits. Done! Yay!
June writing goals – and GO!
- Begin outlining new WIP. I’ve at least decided on which idea I’m pursuing, so that’s a start. Going to start on the outlines and the world-building and the character sketches, as this base is going to be kind of vital for the draft to go smoothly. Code word title: BIG BEN.
- Read. Remember reading, Becks? You like reading.
- Forget about PD. Look, this one is kind of big and vague and tied to this whole “You’re wearing yourself ragged with anxiety so just shut up already” issue that’s been plaguing me all month. The plan in June is to relax, to do stuff I want to do, and maybe do some silly stuff like play Minecraft instead of putting pressure on myself ALL THE TIME.
And speaking of relaxing, it starts here:
This is the Lake of the Ozarks. I will be here with my family from June 2nd through June 9th, and while there’s WiFi in our cabins, I don’t plan on using it very often. I definitely will not be on Twitter. I will, however, be sitting on the dock with a beer reading or possibly playing Euchere. I’m very excited, but if everyone could send good vibes toward The Man, I’d much appreciate it. He’s saving his PTO for the wedding, so he won’t be coming with me.
I heart all of you! Be awesome and productive while I’m gone (like usual).